Thursday, September 15, 2011

I Wanted to Save the World, but I Couldn't Find a Babysitter

"I wanted to save the world, but I couldn't find a babysitter."

I saw this quote as I walked out of the doctor's office yesterday -- now let's make that last week! I cannot believe it has been a week. I think I can safely change that quote to, "I tried to do something for myself, like post a blog, but I couldn't find a babysitter."

Trying to find time is so difficult. There are so many different things calling my attention. My children. Their education. Cooking. Cleaning. My husband. Phone calls from moms needing breastfeeding help. Call about new births. Teaching. Cooking. And cleaning it up. Laundry. Chauffeuring to activities. E-mails. The barking dog. Cooking. And cleaning it up, again!


This is my kitchen and it's not even 10 a.m. yet!

All day long I have thoughts in my head that I want to explore and write about. I've started four or five blogs in my head already. Getting here is...hard. So, heck, this is my small post. Hoping to add a photo if I can figure out how to download the damn photos from the camera into the computer and then maybe figure out how to upload it. Probably I can get my thirteen-year-old to help me. That's so lowering, isn't it? I gotta laugh.

So, maybe I am not going to save the world with my blog yet (I did mention that I am idealistic, right?), but I have to remember that each day I care for my family and meet their needs, and each time I support a mother or family I am changing the world for the better even though it may not being anything that anyone can really see; nor do these actions count in any kind of quantitative or qualitative way in American society. But it really is the little things - a smile, a touch, a kind word,  an encouragement -  that really count and can change lives and make the world a better place. What's the little thing (that's really not so little!) that you have done today?



No comments:

Post a Comment